RE: Migrate users from 10-11

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:44:39 +0100

Hi,

Datapump will recreate the users for you. You can also create them manually and use the "identified by values "<hashed password>" syntax.

When doing schema level datapump imports you must also remember that datapump will only grant you privileges on the schema objects you are importing. So any privilege on sys objects (eg execute on dbms_alert) will not be granted during the import. (as sys is not exported during database level exports, the same example should be true for database level imports).

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator