Rename Datafile on Physical Standby

From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill_at_intactus.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:01:08 -0500

All -

Oracle 9i
HP-UX 11.x

I have a primary database on one server and a physical standby database on another - databases and servers are identical. I recently had to move some files around on the primary because of tablespace growth and would like to get the standby database to have the same structure. Can anyone tell me how to rename data files on a physical standby database? When I attempted to ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE '…….' TO '…….'; I received the error below…..

ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files ORA-01275: Operation RENAME is not allowed if standby file management is automatic.

I would like to get the physical structure of the standby database to match the primary database.

Thanks in advance,
Bill--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Nov 29 2011 - 21:01:08 CST

Original text of this message