Re: GI log sizes

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:46:40 -0600

Hmm... Looks like its party documented in the following MOS note.. ***
Oracle Sun Database Machine V2 Diagnosability and Troubleshooting Best Practices [ID 1071220.1]
***

Increase the CSS log file size to avoid a premature wrap

The default size for the CSS logs in
$GI_HOME/log/<nodename>/cssdis 50M. For certain types of problems, this smaller size causes a wrap and important information is lost to debug problems. Increase the CSS log file size to 150M to save more log data needed in the evenbt of a problem. The command to increase this size is
crsctl set css logfilesize 157286400 and should be run on all nodes. The cost of this increase is about 1GB of filesystem space per node.