Re: wish list

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:27:24 -0300

Well, the add on packs of OEM are an option (Tuning and Diagnostics) If you don't have the proper licenses in the databases I'd upgrade everything to EE as well.
Foglight looks rather interesting as well.

Though to be honest... I mostly use toad and sql*plus... I only use OEM when I'm on call and want to take a look at the entire environment and ensure no agents are down and stuff so I get notifications properly.

Some nice software to have would be MS Office (I only care about excel, the rest is easily replaceable by other software)

You could ask for a Win7 capable notebook (with Win 7 of course)... I think right now that would be the best upgrade for me... I love WinXP but it's kinda old... and I use win7 at home, so it makes sense to get used to do things the same way everywhere.

Oh, and perhaps ask him to get you a copy of Cogs... you know, just to relax a little during those slow minutes we have from time to time... (Cogs is a puzzle game which reminds me of The Incredible Machine... not quiet as versatile but fun nonetheless)

Cheers
Alan.-