Re: Lawson Financials Oracle to SQL Server Conversion

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:48:00 -0600

Manjula,
I worked for Lawson several years ago. How much data do you have? Lawson has (well, had when I worked with it) built-in tools that can perform this conversion for you. You simply define a new data source in SQL Server and then execute a command to move your data from one system to another. The tables are exactly the same on both systems. My only reservation is if you have vast amounts of data such that the time might be longer than you like. Or if you have extremely stringent downtime requirements - but then next week is a Thanksgiving holiday :-).

Dennis Williams