Re: Where to find OCCI for Linux?

From: Howard Lee Harkness <howard.lee.harkness_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:56:47 -0600

Ah, new understanding slowly emerges....

I am not a DBA, and I did not install the instance of Oracle, either client (on my VM), or the server (somewhere else). There is a chance that what I need is already on my box, and I just need to know what to look for (and where to look).

Please forgive me if I seem a bit dense, but the last time I worked with Oracle was in 1999 (no DBA work, just some PL/SQL coding), and the last time I worked with *nix was in 2004, so I have some remedial work to do in both areas. I have never been in an admin role, so much of this is new to me.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk> wrote:
> On 15/11/11 16:19, Howard Lee Harkness wrote:
>> On http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/linux/index-090820.html,
>> there is a link for OCCI for Linux/Windows, but when you click on that
>> link, you get a page that lists only OCCI downloads for Visual C++
>> versions.
> Yup, confirmed. Everything is for Windows.
>

>> Where can I get OCCI for g++ under Linux?
> Is it not part of the installation for 11g (I assume?) - when i last
> installed 10h OCCI some time back (in another office) it was on the
> installer CD. Do a custom install and open up the various options - it
> will be there.
>
> If you are on 10g, there's a bug if I remember correctly, and you need
> to download a couple of extra libraries to fix it. Getstring() doesn't work.
>
> Cheers,
> Norm.
>

> --
> Norman Dunbar