Re: Free memory in server and session PGA memory

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:07:55 +0530

hello sreejith,
just curious to know what kind of application or purpose of the database is, is it OLTP or datawarehouse.usually PGA come into picture if its datawarehouse dbs with dedicated process.are you using user profiles for different users..for resource consumption limits etc..

may be following links can help you...
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28316/profile.htm http://psoug.org/reference/profiles.html

thanks..and take care..subodh

On 14 November 2011 20:08, Sreejith S Nair <sreejithsna_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > Thanks for the hints.
> > We do not have zfs enabled. I don't think connection timeout value can
> help us here. This would involve a connection getting closed and
> eventually getting released from connection pool. I guess this would take
> off the very advantage of using connection pool in which the time taken to
> create a new connection is saved if a connection is available in the pool.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Sreejith
> > -- Sent from my iPhone

TRUTH WINS AT LAST, DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY