Re: simple platform independent scripting language (now using Shell Scripts on *NIX)

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:18:40 +0000

Really, why not Perl? It is included on many Oracle distributions (See ORAFAQ <http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Perl>) so you can sidestep your Windows admins. It really isn't as complicated as all that! Just different... There is lots of information available via google - and a nod to Jared Still, who has written this up in much more detail than I ever could.

Regards Nigel