Re: Long term AWR retention

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:38:28 -0600

Sorry, I am late to this discussion. I see that Kerry's blog post was from Jan 2010.
So the max retention is 100 years. Kerry "knows a guy" who did 7 years. What is the real downside to setting retention to something, like, 10 years? Has anyone collected metrics on that? Surely at some point performance will be negatively impacted, but is it noticeable?

7 days... sheesh.

--
Charles Schultz