Different OS user to start/stop listener

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 19:22:13 +0100

Hi
Does anyone know if it is possible to stop a listener started by another user in 11gR2 (I am not sure if 10g had same behaviour).

For instance I have user1 and user2 as dba users in the operating system, if user1 starts listener then it seems that only user1 can stop the listener, when trying with user2 I am getting

TNS-01190: The user is not authorized to execute the requested listener command

I also have a problem with the logfile, since the listener logfiles are created with 640 permission if I start the listener using a user who didnt create this file before then nothing is written in the log, this obvious due to 640 permission but the not so obvious thing is I dont get any complaints when starting the listener as another user.

Anyone's got experience with these issues :-? May be I need to relax some security restrictions?

Thanks

--

LSC
--