RE: "invalid type" in v$access

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 11:23:53 -0400

That makes sense. I'll have the developer look at that angle. There are no types being used in the MV so the error might be related to the other session that's running against the same table. Thanks!

Jeremy

From: Howard Latham [mailto:howard.latham_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 11:09 AM To: Sheehan, Jeremy
Cc: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Re: "invalid type" in v$access

I'm pretty sure I saw that once. I think one type is missing from the view that this is based on. You can modify the view and add the missing type.

On 4 November 2011 15:05, Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com<mailto:JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>> wrote: Has anyone come across the "invalid type" type when querying v$access? If so, do you have any idea what might be causing it? I've searched google and metalink and absolutely nothing. Just more people asking about it. Go figure. I'm attempting to refresh a MV and have tried a number of different session parameters, but doing some digging I keep on seeing "invalid type" in v$access when it's querying a particular table. I'm also seeing the wait event "read by other session" on this table (ISO_BIDS) as well when refreshing the MV.

Oracle 10.2.0.4
AIX 6.1.4 This is from a query that joins v$access and v$session.

Session 217 is the MV refresh. Session 251 is another process running that is accessing the ISO_BIDS table.

OWNER OBJECT_NAME TYPE SID SERIAL# USERNAME OSUSER STATUS
------------ -------------------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ------------ ------------ --------

MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             INVALID TY        217      46581 USER1        USER1        ACTIVE
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             TABLE             217      46581 USER1        USER1        ACTIVE
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             INVALID TY        251       8712 USER2        USER2        ACTIVE
MFSDB        ISO_BIDS             TABLE             251       8712 USER2        USER2        ACTIVE

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Howard A. Latham

Sent from my Nokia N97