Re: Anyone use a Mac day to day at work?

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 08:47:37 -0500 (CDT)

Alan writes:

> As a Linux fan boy I'm very sorry to say that Windows make for a better
> platform to support Oracle. There were versions of OEM that weren't
> entirely compatible with latest Firefox Versions (I usually use autoupdates
> so I'm pretty much in the latest "stable" version). There's also the
> question of Toad... I don't know if there's a Mac version (

For better or worse, Toad for Oracle is a Winders product. Bert Scalzo does have a blog on running the freeware version under wine, if that's enough:

http://www.toadworld.com/BLOGS/tabid/67/EntryId/539/Toad-10-5-Freeware-Runs-on-Linux.aspx

While I'm not an Apple fan (I loathe being locked in to a single source), I found it very interesting that the Tom Kyte and Company's Real World Performance Tour was run from at least a few Macs. And Roy Swonger's 11g Upgrade seminar (which was very good) I was at last week was presented on his Mac as well.

"The faces of Oracle Corporation themselves use Macs in presenting and demonstrating their own products. The implication is clearly a direction in Oracle, and one that we as a customer must embrace."

If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance...

GL!

Rich

Disclaimer: This BS may backfire in a few years. :)