Re: Can t get INSERT /*+ APPEND */ to indicate direct load in execution plan

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

To me what is unsettling is having an enabled constraint with an unusable index; one would expect if the index is unusable the constraint would be invalid.

David Fitzjarrell

From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com> To: "info_at_www.sqltools-plusplus.org" <info_at_www.sqltools-plusplus.org>; "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:49 AM Subject: RE: Can t get INSERT /*+ APPEND */ to indicate direct load in execution plan

Understood....it's just a bit unsettling that you can have an *enabled* constraint, and still get duplicate data into the table.

-Mark