Re: Large IN LIST in an OBIEE query

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:13:12 -0700

I know there have been numerous comments on possible solutions thus far, but I'm going the opposite direction (not *what* is being done, but *why* it's being done):
Where does this list come from?
It's probably safe to say no user keys in 1000 values, so do they have their own discrete list they copy/paste or is it a hard coded discrete list in OBIEE?
Either way, it seems it would make more sense to have that in a table, which seems to avoid the problem you observe, no?

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn