ASSM freespace management

From: Rich <richa03_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:41:17 -0700

Hi List,
This is 64-bit 11.2.0.2 on RHEL 5.6 x86_64

I believe that ASSM freespace management is (roughly) controlled through PID - ref Tanel Poder's outstanding presentation at www.perfvision.com/docs/Poder_Freelists_vs_ASSM.ppt. Although this presentation is older (2003) and re 9i, I also believe it is still relevant.

Does anyone know if this PID is the OS process PID or something else? (We use dedicated sessions)

Does anyone know the hashing algorithm related to this?

Also, any tracing hints that might be useful (other than the standard 10046, sql_trace, and process level like http://files.e2sn.com/scripts/tpt_public_unixmac.tar.gz)?

We're trying to set up a controlled test for a LOB index segment issue...we have an SR open, however...

Thanks,
Rich