Re: laptop configuration

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:57:14 -0500

Paging won't be a huge problem as long as you do this: 1) use 900MB vm's (two of these fit easily in 4G of physical memory, bigger VMs might start swapping)
2) make sure to unlock the CRS memory inside the VMs - this releases over a GB of physical mem which doesn't need to be locked in a sandbox, and indeed it's the only way to have a usable environment on a lower-end laptop
this script will unlock the CRS memory in 11gR2: https://github.com/ardentperf/racattack/blob/master/makeDVD/root/fix_cssd/fix_cssd.sh

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com