Re: Anyone configured Active Directory Auth to Oracle 11g?

From: Guenadi Jilevski <gjilevski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:53:35 +0300

Hi,
To enable Oracle Internet Directory (OID) server to authorize SYSDBA and SYSOPER connections:
  1. Configure the administrative user by using the same procedures you would use to configure a typical user.
  2. In OID, grant the SYSDBA or SYSOPER enterprise role to the user for the database the user will administer.
  3. Set the LDAP_DIRECTORY_SYSAUTH initialization parameter to YES. When set to YES, the LDAP_DIRECTORY_SYSAUTH parameter enables SYSDBA and SYSOPER users to authenticate to the database, by a strong authentication method.
  4. Ensure that the LDAP_DIRECTORY_ACCESS initialization parameter is not set to NONE. The possible values are PASSWORD or SSL.
  5. Later, the administrative user can log in by including the net service name in the CONNECT statement.

Regards.

Guenadi Jilevski