Re: laptop configuration

From: John Piwowar <>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:44:23 -0700

  1. Memory: As much as you can cram in. Probably worth paying a premium for future expansion possibilities.
  2. For disk space, see 1) :-) Maybe a second HDD instead of a removable media, to spread the I/O on your vm files around. If the primary purpose is for testing Oracle stuff in VM, those are your main considerations, IMO. If you'll be doing day-to-day stuff and not just educational/sandbox work, you might care more about other components, or vendor for that matter. The CPU you get in a laptop won't necessarily blow your mind compared to desktops, but they're putting dual and quad cores in midrange models these days, and there's a bonus to being able to carry it around with you.

John P.