Dataguard with after logon trigger

From: Michael Schmitt <>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:59:19 -0500

We are running Dataguard in fast_start failover mode and one of the applications we support in this configuration creates an after logon trigger to track who connects to the database. Whenever we do a controlled switchover (or unplanned failover), the Dataguard configuration gets messed up. From what I can tell the after logon trigger is causing ORA-00604 errors at some point in the rebuild process of the old primary.

Does anyone have any experience on working around an issue like this with DataGuard?

Thanks in advance