RE: Oracle license requirements for unused options

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:30:57 +0200

Tony,

In 11g (not sure if was there in 11.1 or only in 11.2) there is a parameter control_file_management_pack_access. For enterprise editions this is standard set to 'DIAGNOSTIC+TUNING', which enables all these automatic tasks. You have to set this to 'NONE' when you don't have the tuning or diagnostic pack.

Nice trick of Oracle to enable it by default...

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be