Re: PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS value

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:36:10 +0200

Hi
I am not seekings the *best* setting, rather some generic guidelines or official WP

But CPUx10 es definitely too many because IMHO a CPU, either thread or core should not handle more than 4 requests, 10 is a lot! But why Oracle suggest 10? To be honest I never read PARALLEL_MAX_SERVERS definition because I have always set this parameter using my experience.

Simulate a load scenario sounds very good in a perfect world where budget and resources are not a problem but in the real world who does it for all the applications? I then real world how can get the real load for a new application?

Regards

--
LSC