RE: CPU rounding

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:24:32 -0400

Been a while since I worked on Solaris regularly, however, what version of Solaris?

If Solaris version is < 10, perhaps microstate accounting is enabled on one server, but not on the other? (As of Solaris 10, microstate accounting is always enabled.)

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Gerry Miller [gerry_at_millerandbowman.com] Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 3:14
To: Oracle-L Group
Subject: CPU rounding

 Hi,
Can any one help me get to the bottom of this?

We have two Solaris servers one hosting Oracle 10.1 and the other 11.2. The CPU stats on the 11g box are rounded to centiseconds while on 10g they are inmicroseconds:

Example:
In 11g: select value from v$sys_time_model where stat_name = 'DB CPU'; VALUE

27089090000

In 10g: select value from v$sys_time_model where stat_name = 'DB CPU'; VALUE

1373214613234

It is the same in v$sess_time_model and I suspect it is an OS setting that isat the root of the issue.

Regards

Gerry Miller

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Oct 21 2011 - 18:24:32 CDT

Original text of this message