Re: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:03:02 -0500 (CDT)

Kellyn writes:

> Just want to say- installed, configured EM12c on my new production server,
> auto deployed to my testing targets in parallel with my existing EM 10g
> environment.  Love the solid documentation, the little to no issues during
> installation/auto agent deployment app, LOVE the SQL Monitoring interface
> and some of the new features I've discovered so far....

Color me jealous. It looks like I'll be stopping at 10.2.0.5 for now. As a previous poster mentioned, there's a shortage of available platforms supported for Agents. Coupled with a Java failure in the operation of the EM link created by Preupgade Console Patch, and I'm not going to be hitting 12c anytime soon. :(

> I have the other DBA's in testing it out with three main developers who need
> to monitor what they do in dev/test.  They seem quite impressed so far with
> the new features I've showed them and are quickly coming up to speed with
> the changes to the GUI vs. the 10g version.

Do you monitor the log and trace files for errors? I had to stop monitoring them in 10g for all the Java errors, but I regularly get several others. I was hoping that would be improved in 12c...

Rich