Multiple databases in a RAC

From: <>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:09:29 -0500

AIX 6.1
Peoplesoft HCM + ELM

We have an existing RAC + GRID cluster built to run Peoplesoft HCM.

We have been asked to install another Peoplesoft module (ELM). My recommendation was to construct a 2nd cluster to support the 2nd module and its database.
So........I would end up with 4 nodes (2 for the HCM cluster and 2 for the ELM cluster)
and these clusters would be distinct.

I am being asked if it is possible to install the new ELM product on the existing nodes.
That is..........a 2-node RAC cluster with 2 distinct databases and 4 instances.

This is not making much sense to me.....I am not even sure if this is supported/feasible.

Looking for ideas on this.
Any input appreciated.