RE: Oracle NoSQL Documentation

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 20:00:30 +0000

Robert,

        One should also consider the volatility of the marketplace. I've seen technologies come and go because they were not widely adopted. Give Oracle a limited distribution of NoSQL and they'll drop it in a year or two as well. Wasn't that long ago (ok 20+ years) that Ada was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. Oracle even created an Ada pre-compiler. Haven't seen that in a while and don't even try to find a job listing where Ada experience is needed. Similar, but reversed, for Cobol. So if you don't mind I'll take a "wait and see" attitude about NoSql.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader