RE: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

From: Upendra N <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:23:18 -0400

>> That means you have both running, pre-12c and 12c, each with its own agents. As you move the pre-12c agents, you can sync the history as part of the move to the 12c repository.

Sync'ing the history - is that a 12c feature or is that available in 11g as well? I am in the process of upgrading a Production Grid environment from 10.2 to 11.2. Preserving the history would be great.

-Upendra

CC: development_at_the-playground.de; oracle-l_at_freelists.org From: pete.sharman_at_oracle.com
Subject: Re: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:39:52 +1100
To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com

Sorry, at the Australian 12c launch, so I just saw this. If you were doing a one system upgrade, you will be upgrading your existing repository, so that keeps everything you had. If you are doing a two system upgrade, you clone the existing repository, leaving the old version with pre-12c agents pointing to it. You can then gradually install 12c agents pointing to the new repository. That means you have both running, pre-12c and 12c, each with its own agents. As you move the pre-12c agents, you can sync the history as part of the move to the 12c repository. Pete
On 18/10/2011, at 10:34 PM, Upendra N <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

With the EM upgrade, when we re-register the targets do we loose the history of the metrics gathered? Is there a way to preserve the performance metrics history?

-Upendra