RE: Oracle license requirements for unused options

From: <>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:33:46 +0000

Hmm, unfortunately awrrpt.sql is exactly what I wanted to double check. I know that we have it unclicked in OEM but it's hard to police awrrpt usage. I suppose we should probably had rm'ed the script from all our test servers to be on the safe side but it didn't occur to me until now.

Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator

From: [] On Behalf Of Sent: dinsdag 18 oktober 2011 16:16
Subject: RE: Oracle license requirements for unused options

Revisiting this thread from back in May... Does anyone know of a method in 10g to check whether a Diagnostic Pack option was ever used? I'm concerned that someone might at some point have run an awrrpt on a dev database without realizing that required a license and want to check whether it has ever happened.

For 11g Oracle provides scripts to check this (option_usages.sql) but they don't seem to work in 10g.

Appreciate any help in advance.

BTW - people might find this of interest: I have verified that when we uninstall certain options and then patch the database the options come back.

Jay Miller