Re: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

From high level complaints, (the few there have been...) I have chosen the new installation route on a new server, giving me a chance to decommission the old one after we've run in parallel for a bit.  I do plan on implementing our enhanced notification design that is integrated into EM with the new version, but that is a whole 'nother issue I haven't thought all the way through yet! Thank you to all that have sent me links, ideas and documentation.  I will be gathering everything I can to write up into at least one blog post and enhance what started out as a EM enhanced features presentation for this year... :)
Kellyn Pot'Vin
Sr. Database Administrator and Developer DBAKevlar.com

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

Very odd characters in my list post-not sure where they come from. Sending again with a different email client:

I'm finding it very interesting that so many of you on this list opt to upgrade their management servers. At my current site we are evaluating if we shouldn't forget about the current deployment and use the 12c upgrade to get do a tech refresh. New OMS, new load balancers, new database (everything). The risk of doing so is considered less than with an upgrade.

For  those going for the migration from 11.1 or even 10.2, would you mind sharing your reasons for the upgrade? How many targets do people monitor?

Best regards,
Martin Bach

--

Martin Bach Consulting