RE: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 03:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

Glad you re-sent that email, since I don't speak fluent gobbledygook. :)

From customers I've spoken to, the main reason people are looking at upgrade rather than a clean installation is purely and simply because they want to keep the history that is currently contained in their repository. Of course, a clean installation does give you the chance to get rid of a lot of old baggage that you may no longer need, but in general this is more of a business decision than a technical one really.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61404005744

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA