RE: Oracle Grid... ahem Cloud Control 12c

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:01:03 -0700 (PDT)

It's a fairly straightforward upgrade, the software even tells you about changes that might need to be made (things like the undo tablespace needing to be 300 Mb or so, PROCESSES/SESSIONS more than the default 150 from DBCA and so on). It doesn't say so in your email but I assume you're upgrading an older version - you're aware that the single system upgrade will require a downtime hit, correct?

Oracle University will shortly have an installation/upgrade workshop released that takes you through all the installation/upgrade scenarios, so keep an eye out for an announcement on that.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Principal Product Manager
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA Phone: +61262924095 | | Fax: +61262925183 | | Mobile: +61404005744

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA