Re: RAC PARALLEL

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

11g has various superior parallel features to 10g.  Definitely look into them.  I'll point you to Arup Nanda and even though this is not RAC specific, the paper does a great job of explaining the new features here with Auto DOP. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/issue-archive/2010/o40parallel-092275.html Also look closely into the resource manager to control the amount of parallel resource groups can acquire.  This will guarantee better performance, resource management and keep anyone from getting out of control with it. Remember that 11g rel2 has a different mechanism for the parallel statement queuing vs. rel1, which was a bit flawed in my opinion.  Jean-Pierre Djicks has some great papers on this subject as well. http://blogs.oracle.com/datawarehousing/entry/auto_dop_and_parallel_statemen

Good luck,
Kellyn Pot'Vin
Sr. Database Administrator and Developer DBAKevlar.com

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:23 AM Subject: RAC PARALLEL

Hi
We have one environment on Sun Infrastructure where we are planning to move to RAC on 11g. So move is from non-RAC to 4-Node 11g R2 RAC. Database is OLTP, Partitioned Tables/Indexes and Apps is using heavily PARALLEL and PARALLEL_INDEX hints.

What is the point to consider for the setup. Saw that we hit some big performance in Test setup and look like it may be due to Paralell setup.

any good sugestion or best practices on RAC setup

TIA
Sanjay

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 12 2011 - 12:49:03 CDT

Original text of this message