Re: Finding out historical cpu-usage

From: Dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:06:31 -0400

I believe any %HIST% tables require the diagnostics pack? Correct me if i'm wrong.
If you just want raw CPU stats and don't have that pack, you can use sar as well. Depending on how your system is configured there should be a few days of history in /var/log/sa/saDD where DD is the day of the month.

sar -u -f /var/log/sa/sa10

The command above will show you cpu stats for the 10th day of the month.

tnx