RE: Oracle Server Process Owner in AIX

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:25:44 +0100

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of LS Cheng Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 5:21 PM
Subject: Oracle Server Process Owner in AIX

Hi
Recently I have observed that databases sessions by other non-oracle OS users started in the AIX Servers where the database is running becomes the owner of the server process.

For example if I logon to AIX box as user john and as john I execute sqlplus username/password (not using TNS) when I do ps -fu john | grep LOCAL I actually see john as the process owner. I have never observed this behaviour in other UNIX flavours (or I havent observed carefully but for sure Linux behaves other way), I have seen this behaviour in Oracle 9iR2, 10gR2, 11gR2 running in AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1. Is this expected?

I have observed this behaviour after investigating some ORA-04030 errors when some PL/SQL packages are run as non-oracle users in AIX.

Thanks!

--

LSC

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Oct 11 2011 - 09:25:44 CDT