Re: Finding out historical cpu-usage

From: <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:04:02 +0300

>i am currently investigating which session consume the most cpu-time per
instance.

just count ON-CPU records from DBA_HIST_ASH... It's an aproximation but quite good.

My understanding is that OEM just do the same thing, at least this is what I saw in OEM queries.

p.s. CPUtime could be TotalTime minus WaitTime. I suppose in reality (truss reality for example) it isn't but well, this is what Oracle thinks :)

  From:       Jan-Hendrik Boll <jan.hendrik.boll_at_googlemail.com>

  To:         oracle-l_at_freelists.org

  Date:       2011.10.11 12:33

  Subject:    Finding out historical cpu-usage

Hi Lister's,
i am currently investigating which session consume the most cpu-time per instance.
In order to do so i am using the view dba_hist_active_sess_history

Tracking down the time spent waiting for typical wait-events like 'log file sync' seems easy as it is the sum of time_wait for that event.

But how can i find out the CPU-Time?
Is CPU time the sum of wait_time in which the session_state equals 'ON CPU' ?

Any clarification about the meaning of these two columns would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jan-Hendrik Boll