Oracle Server Process Owner in AIX

From: LS Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:20:56 +0200

Hi
Recently I have observed that databases sessions by other non-oracle OS users started in the AIX Servers where the database is running becomes the owner of the server process.

For example if I logon to AIX box as user john and as john I execute sqlplus username/password (not using TNS) when I do ps -fu john | grep LOCAL I actually see john as the process owner. I have never observed this behaviour in other UNIX flavours (or I havent observed carefully but for sure Linux behaves other way), I have seen this behaviour in Oracle 9iR2, 10gR2, 11gR2 running in AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1. Is this expected?

I have observed this behaviour after investigating some ORA-04030 errors when some PL/SQL packages are run as non-oracle users in AIX.

Thanks!

--

LSC
--