Re: Password file not getting updated

From: Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 15:25:45 -0500

Thank you for the responses
1) I used 'which sqlplus' to verify that the sqlplus is in the OH/bin directory of the OH in consideration.
2) The orapw<db> is in OH/dbs in a Linux server 3) Niall: The whole thing came about because when I try to log in as sys as the oracle software owner (oracle) I get the message "ORA-01031: insufficient privileges". We tried several things and that is when I saw that changing sys password updates the password in the DB, but does NOT update the password file. The timestamp of the password file remains unchanged. As Martin guessed I thought maybe it was in a different OH, but I found that that was not the case, because I set OH explicitly to this home, re-created password file and then proceeded with this exercise. Remote_login_pswd_file is set to exclusive.

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com