RE: mview over private database link

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 14:26:27 -0400

I could be off, but maybe it will point to something. The reason being is that I have never created a MV on a view. Doesn't there need to be a MV log on src?

In my mind I see a table on src. And a MV log on src for that table. Then I create a MV on Middle selecting from table_at_src on say primary key (verses rowid).

When querying middle, I would see a MV, a Table also, a dbms_job, (at least). So, now if I wish to create a MV on middle.'table', I would repeat the scenario.

.... hope that hit the right points in a relatively succinct way, and helps.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546