Re: EM11g plugin for PostgreSQL

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:06:04 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Patrice,

> Is there one?
> A search in Google only yields one Oracle forum thread with no resolution.

Perhaps not, but if you Google for "extending oracle enterprise manager gorbachev", you'll see links to a PDF of Alex's wonderful paper on how to write your own.

Before deciding that I didn't want to deploy Oracle's (semi-)Intelligent Agent to every Windows server, I used his paper to roll my own SQL Server plugin for Grid Control. It also saved the prohibitively high cost of Oracle's plugin.

Of course, this is all before the new Enterprise Manager 12c:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/extensions/index-100685.html

GL!

Rich