Tablespace IO Stats in statspack in 11.2.0.1.0

From: joshuasingham <joshuasingham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:50:37 +0800

Hi All,
I was just looking at a statspack report in 11.2.0.1.0 on Linux x86 64-bit found that one of the wait event db file sequential read is having a average wait of 58ms so I tried to check the Tablespace IO Stats section and found that the Av rd(ms) is 0 for all the tablespaces and on the File Read Histogram Stats it show that all the reads happen in the 0 - 2 ms range . What I like to find out can db file sequential read wait event be related to other reason that I/O or I just encountered a bug in the Statspack

thanks