Re: title

From: Dave <david.best_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 00:58:51 -0400

Since it seems that you are the goto guy in the group for issues, maybe you should push to be the Team Lead? That would distinguish you in the eye's of management and could make it easier to justify a salary bump. Honestly tho, it seems your doing the job of a senior dba. Knowledge transfer and helping other DBA's on your team is just par for the course.  Personally I don't care if "senior" is in my title as long as i'm ok with the salary and role i'm performing. You mention wanting to be compensated fairly, how do you know your not getting paid more than the other DBA's in your group? Just because they have senior titles might not mean they are being paid the same or more than you.

This really sounds like an HR/political issue and from my experience thats a hard fight.

L8r