Data Guard Logical

From: P D <pdba1966_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 14:40:53 -0400

We have a Data Guard LOGICAL 10.2.0.4 environment that has multiple schemas. We would like to put new data into just ONE of those schemas that is being replicated. If we leave archivelog on in the primary, but turn off the log apply temporarily to do the truncate and then import into that one schema, when we turn log apply back on will it just take the archivelogs from the primary since that remained on the entire time and then just start shipping them?

How are other people doing this? Do you just leave log apply on? How does that affect performance?