Re: High shared pool usage

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 01:36:48 +0300

Yep, I've explained it in the blog entry ... It's because you can't just take away a whole granule from shared pool *if* it still has pinned objects in it. And some objects may stay pinned "forever". That's why in 10.1 you couldn't always shrink shared pool... this KGH NO ACCESS magic wasn't implemented yet ...
--
Tanel Poder
Expert Oracle Exadata book: