Re: High shared pool usage

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_tanelpoder.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 01:30:32 +0300

(overquoted, resending)
If you google for KGH NO ACCESS, you'll see that it's just how ASMM works :)

http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2009/09/09/kgh-no-access-allocations-in-vsgastat-buffer-cache-within-shared-pool/

It's the mixed granules where buffer cache is placed within shared pool (yes, I just did say that!).

So, that 5 GB is buffer cache. Your shared pool has been big as probably during some time there was more shared pool loading activity than physical IO activity and the ASMM manager decided to increase the shared pool. Once more buffer cache was needed, it could not de-allocate complete granules anymore and just made them "composite granules"

--
Tanel Poder
Expert Oracle Exadata book: