RE: High shared pool usage

From: Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd. <info_at_go-faster.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:24:20 +0100

I am not a fan of database-wide forced cursor sharing in PeopleSoft (I got burnt by this a while ago). However, I have enabled it for specific batch processes.

The excessive parse caused by all the literals can cause ASMM to allocate too much memory to library cache at the expense of buffer cache.

If you have a large SGA then you sometimes see ASMM moving memory back and forth between library and buffer caches as load changes. Individual batch processes can do this. ASMM can cause performance problems across the database. I would suggest setting a minimum value for the buffer cache to limit ASMMs behaviour.

Forcing AE to generate bind variables (ReUseStatement) is a good thing, both for the database and the performance of the AE too.

regards

David Kurtz
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660