Re: thousands of apache rotatelogs processes

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 12:02:27 -0400

There okay - logs are getting created. Oracle did update my SR stating should have been fixed with PSU 4. However, we had the system install PSU 4 as part of the upgrade.
>>> Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> 9/26/11 12:00 PM >>>

Permissions on the log directory?.

On 26 Sep 2011 16:14, "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org> wrote:

Went live with Grid Control 11.1 on Windows last week. Today noticed thousands and thousands of rotatelogs processes. We killed them and they slowly come back. For now, we are killing them every 3 hours. Any ideas on what is causing them to be repeatedly spawned?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Information Systems
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113