Re: standby redologs ?!!

From: ZhangLeyi (Kamus) <"ZhangLeyi>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 11:32:01 +0800

Hi Prem

Incase has no enough time to transfer the redo data from primary to standby, plus 1 is more reliable.

But ... in the real world, if you have network issue, plus 1 will not do any help, and if you have perfect network, actually only 1 or 2 standby redo log will be used on the standby site.

So ... IMOHO, you can safely ignore it.

Prem wrote:
> Friends ,
> I have a question (sorry if I sound too naive) .
>
> 11gR2 manuals say : "The standby redo log must have at least one more redo log group than the redo log at the redo source database, for each redo thread at the redo source database."
>
> It means - we need 3 standby redo log groups on the standby db if there are 2 redo log groups on the primary db . why so ? what is the purpose of that one extra group ?
>
> Regards,
> ~ JP ~

Zhang Leyi (Kamus) <kamusis_at_gmail.com>

Visit my blog for more: http://www.dbform.com
Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org