Oracle RAC 11gR2 and Linux Version

From: mohammed bhatti <mohammed.bhatti1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:44:54 -0400

Hi All,
I have a 2-node test 11gR2 RAC which was running on CentOS 5.4. I recently upgraded to CentOS 5.6 and things started going south. I couldn't start crsd or cssd or even evmd after the upgrade. So I decided to re-install grid. When executing root.sh on both nodes from the GI home, I got the following error:

CRS-4123: Oracle High Availability Services has been started. ohasd starting
ADVM/ACFS is not supported on centos-release-5-6.el5.centos.1

at which point root.sh on both nodes hang.

I'm now in the process of downloading OEL 6u1 and hoping I can get my test RAC back online. Anyway, is anyone running OEL 6u1 with 11gR2 RAC and is it working?

Thanks

--

mohammed

--