Grid asmca does not find disks, while oracleasm lists correctly.

From: Dhimant Patel <drp4kri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:36:59 -0400

Hi All,
I have a critical issue on configuring Grid asm instances.

CRS installed correctly.

I have created 2 disks with "dd ..." on NFS mounted mount point. Both files and directory holding them has oracle:

1> crsctl stat res ora.asm lists 2 oracle asm resources, with possible (cluster has 2 nodes) +ASM1 and +ASM2 as instances. 2> crs_stat -t lists them offline.
3> /etc/init.d/oracleasm listsdisks successfully lists 2 disks I have created for asm.

Now I want to configure diskgroup, I start asmca and do not see any disks listed.
I change asm_diskstring to the directory where these files are located, but asmca does not seem to see them.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DP.