RAC question.

From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:25:41 +0200

Hi experts,
I have a RAC 4 nodes 11.2.0.2.2 installed (under Redhat Linux). The crs homes and db homes are patched with the latest PSU + Mutex patch; csr home patched + db home patched. Also, every node has it is own crs home and db home.

Now I need to add a new node to the cluster; On the new node there is only OS level running , nothing installed.
In the documentation below; there are general steps of how to do it.: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14072_01/rac.112/e10717/adddelclusterware.htm

My question is;

1- Should I patch the new added node after running addnode.sh OR this command will take care of everything? Everything means; it will patch my db home and crs home of the new node.

2- During adding the new node, the whole cluster and database must be down ?

Thank you,