V$SQL Executions

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:32:18 -0400

I have numerous sql statements in the library cache where the value for executions is equal to 0. These statements have been loaded at various times over the last few days. I would assume that the application is parsing the statement, but not actually executing it, which seems odd to me. Are there other reasons that cause the value of the executions column to be zero? I know that executions could be zero while a statement is executing for the first time, but many of these statements were loaded days or hours ago - they weren't loaded a few minutes ago. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.
This is Oracle 10.2.0.5 on Windows 2008.

Thank you,
Jay